Repairing individual WordPress sites:
- Take note of recently-installed themes or plugins.
- Check these files to see if there are weird things entered in there: then repair if you know how: .htacess, wp-config, index.php.
- Check following directories for weird files: public_html, wp-content, uploads, also subdomain or addon domain directories if you have any.
- Install WordFence security plugin – the free version is fine!
- Scan your site with WordFence and do the recommended repairs!
- Update or remove the plugins or theme that you think made your site vulnerable to the hack.
If you cannot get into your site, please submit a ticket.
Repairing entire server (dedicated VPS clients):
- Please submit a ticket and let us handle for you. If our response is delayed or you are trying to resolve issue IMMEDIATELY, please follow this detailed hack recovery guide.