Today’s BUSINESS sites are more dynamic than ever!
Business sites keep getting busier every year.
It’s not enough to have a clean site anymore. It seems even the “simple” business site needs to stand out with hero backgrounds, videos, forms, pop-ups, chat scripts, and trackers. More products, more promotions, more calls-to-action, and of course…MORE EFFECTS!
All this while hoping your pages load quick enough for potential customers. The scariest part of all is remembering how much you’ve spent on Google ads and Facebooks ads. You’ve finally attracted these precious shoppers…but is your site fast enough? And is your site loading fast enough on mobile? (Have your site loading a second too slow and that visitor will simply click “BACK” and continue scrolling on Facebook!)
Yes, it’s tricky but you can be fancy AND fast!
COMMON PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS with business sites
- Heavy themes – many fancy themes are extremely bloated, offering endless options. Unfortunately, these features create massive database queries and decrease site performance even when you don’t use them.
- Visual effects – pagebuilder, images, videos, webfonts, flashy JS, scripts and widgets. Having a flashy site can be especially taxing on web-servers.
- Heavy plugins – businesses may have heavy plugins for frontend (galleries, portfolios, testimonials, slideshows), managing users (customers, visitors, employees), marketing (traffic, ads, leads, SEO), and more.
- WooCommerce – dynamic processing product carousels and sliders, cart items, checkout, logged-in users. WooCommerce plugins also tend to be very heavy, adding excessive weight to your site. It slows even more when they make external requests.
- Security – one of the biggest slowdowns for business sites is managing hackers and data security. Hackers often cause performance problems even when they don’t get in.
- External scripts – chat scripts, trackers, conversion plugins, social media. Many of these have to make external requests that greatly slow down your page load.
SPEEDING UP load times for business sites
- Multi-layer caching – business sites may need different caching mechanisms to reach maximum performance. Static caching (prebuilt) for all public pages, object caching for private pages, CDN for static assets, etc.
- Optimizing static assets – optimizing all static assets and how they’re loaded will greatly improve visual page rendering. Compression, concatenation, refactoring, or even dequeuing!
- Managing external requests – deferring requests, DNS-prefetching external sources, localizing or even excluding external assets.
- Theme/plugin configuration – since extensions greatly determine your page weight, it’s absolutely critical to configure your themes and plugins for only the features you actually need.
- Server burst-size – you need a strong server with relaxed cage restrictions so your account isn’t slowed during high-traffic moments. It’s common for webhosts to limit resource usage to prevent clients from “abusing” the server.
How JVPS speeds up business sites:
- Aggressive caching – we aren’t stingy with our prebuild mechanisms. Get your entire site pre-cached so it loads fast for every visitor! Pre-caching is especially beneficial for sites with low traffic.
- Strong servers – speed-up dynamic pages (e.g. carts, checkouts) or working in WP admin dashboard. Anything that can’t be cached will be dynamically processed by the CPU!
- Built-in security – our servers automatically protect against brute-force attacks, XML-RPC spam, and DDOS attacks. Protection implemented at the server-level is much more efficient than at the software-level (slow php, which affects performance).
- Comprehensive modules – business sites often need plugins that depend on various server modules and libraries. Need ioncube, GD, ImageMagick, iconv, cURL, and so forth? We can enable them…yes, just for you!
- High concurrency – our servers can easily handle your traffic whenever they come. 100 at a time? 1,000 at time? Even more??? NO PROBLEM! (Go ahead, and throw that Black Friday sale!)