Need to migrate or copy emails from one cPanel server to another? Follow this guide!
STEP 1 – recreate same email accounts in new server:
- It would be best if you can use the same password as well but it’s ok if not.
- Don’t forget to check your forwarders in the old server and duplicate them on the new server (if needed).
STEP 2 – copy mail files from old server:
- Go to the File Manager, and go one directory up from “public_html”.
- Compress the “Mail” directory (sometimes called “Maildir”) and download.
- Then upload to the same place on the new server and extract it. (You can also specifically copy only certain email accounts.)
STEP 3 – make sure the mail quota is correct:
- If not, follow this guide.